Hey y'all... for some reason, both The Man and me have not been super motivated to post goodies on the blog. I suppose part of it is because weare in a very transitional state right now, what with both of us about to start new jobs, and me about to start my last year of school (about time!). We also are having technical difficulties... it seems that our storage drive on which we have kept all of the photos we have taken over the years has crapped the bed. It's dead, and we really don't think it can be saved. I suppose that we are very fortunate to have kept this blog, as we will be going through the archives to save all of the photos. However, those are but a small fraction of what we have taken.... but I guess they are the best out of those. Sigh.
At any rate, I did get to spend 10 glorious days in the home place for the 30th birthday. My folks threw an awesome party for me out at
Blue Lake Park, a fantastic place where we had some good times growing up. Here are some shots:

Heather, Wendy, and Nate

Hoy, Jared, and Brenda

The Mom and Mariah

Mercedes being Mercedes. Love that girl.

Clockwise from left: my bros Adam and Andy, my Cuban stepbro Alex (long story),
and his girl Pam

Mercedes' Mima, me, The Mom

Taliya (Mercedes' niece) telling me all about how she wanted the piece with the flowers. I obliged. (Who could say no to that face?)

Aunt Jo and The Grandmother

My good pal Sara... love her!

Morgan and Nate, who win the award for Most Adorable Couple Ever.

This photo of Portland's Best Refreshment is dedicated to Casey. No way could I have my 30th b-day in Portland without having the PBR at hand.
Well, a good time was had by all, and I am so grateful to everyone who helped make this day special. I am SO lucky to have such wonderful family and friends!
No comments:
Post a Comment