Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Life's a beach...

Hey everyone... sorry to have been incommunicado over the past week. The Man and I were in beautiful Brant Rock, MA, soaking up some rays and enjoying the salt air. This part of the Massachusetts coast has a rich and wonderful history, and I encourage you all to check out this site for some cool vintage photos and such.

At any rate, we had some technical difficulties while we were there, hence no blog posts. Also, our cell phones did not work so well. Pretty much an ideal vacation in just that sense alone, but here are some pics to show you what we were doing with ourselves:

Our digs... we stayed in the cottage at left for the first part of the week,
then were forced to move to the shanty next door. It was hard, but we made do...
This is proof that I was up at sunrise to take a photo of The Man.
Brant Rock in the background.

Me want lobster now!
Oh wait, whattya mean it's pronounced "lobstah"? Oh well, tastes great no matter how you say it.
Note that The Man is feasting on Fenway Franks.
Yet another sunrise. I was still in bed for this one.

Yep, I floated around a bit. After being so used to the *#$@%! cold waters of the Pacific,
being able to spend some time in an ocean sans going numb was pure heaven.
Oh yeah, you know I got my knit on too.
mmm... nothing like littlenecks on the half shell. We got these at Brant Rock Fish Market,
which has been around for 70-ish years and is only on its second owner!

Hunting for treasure with little girls... we are coming back from going out the jetty to Brant Rock,
and while I knew the ever-so-limber Big Niece could do it, I was a bit apprehensive about the Little Niece...
but she did great on those big rocks- not bad for a four-year-old!
At one point, she said to me, "Follow me and you will be OK." Oh man, too cute!

The Boy and The Girl being The Boy and The Girl. Was great to spend time with both of them,
especially as The Boy just started college today in RI!


Pretty rough, no? we also did some other fun things like check out the Mayflower, go out to a wonderful dinner, and watch the Red Sox win on NESN (sweet). As we took about 4769 pictures during this trip, there will be more to come. I'll close with a BIG thank you to the in-laws for making this such a fun and memorable trip- you guys are the best!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are MOST wecome. All I can say is thank God the camera was missing during those late night alcohol induced discussions....

The Bro

(aka "SC")

Ishmael said...

I wish we all had someone to say to us, "Follow me and you will be OK," once in a while.

How pleasant for you to be isolated form Palinmania over the weekend! Have you caught up?

Cheeseburger In Paradise said...

Thanks again Bro it was a great week. Ish I'm still shaking my head and having to explain to EVERYONE in DC about her. I am kind of surprised that the GOP is allowing Fast Teddy and the AK Repub party to be thrown under the bus as the CBC that they are and saying that Sarah single handily cleaned up the state even though the FBI was on it before she came on the scene unless she ordered the probe while the head of the PTA.

Anonymous said...

Don't mess with Say Rah Rah Rah. If you ruin the fantasy, I'll get mean.

Anonymous said...

uhhh... what fantasy do you mean exactly?