Saturday, January 10, 2009

Inaugural Lunch??????

I was a little upset when I saw the menu for the Inaugural Lunch......

First Course: Seafood Stew. The wine: Duckhorn Vineyards, 2007 Sauvignon Blanc from the Napa Valley in California.

Second Course: A Brace of American Birds (pheasant and duck), served with sour cherry chutney and molasses sweet potatoes. The wine: Goldeneye, 2005 Pinot Noir from the Anderson Valley in California.

Third Course: Apple cinnamon sponge cake and sweet cream glacé. The wine: Korbel Natural 'Special Inaugural Cuvée,' from California.


I would have figured the new Prez would have kept it a little simpler such as Ben's Chili Bowl a DC landmark for 50 years that is the place to do lunch when visiting or for a late night "Bill Cosby’s Original Chili Half-Smoke" (made famous by Ben’s in 1958 and a favorite of Mr. Cosby’s since the early 60’s. 1/4lb. half pork and beef smoked sausage on a warm steamed bun and top it with mustard, onions and our spicy homemade chili sauce). Well I was wrong until I just caught wind that today Prez Elect had lunch with DC Mayor Adrian Fenty at... you guessed it


Only reason I find this funny is I commented on the inaugural lunch menu and Ben's at the beginning of the week when the menu came out.

No comments: