Monday, January 19, 2009

Martin Luther King Jr. Remembrance

Yesterday on the eve of Dr. King's Birthday the girl and I had to a special treat and a historic adventure. Imagine being at the steps of the Lincoln Memorial where Dr. King gave his famous "I Have A Dream" speech 46 years ago and hearing U2 sing the song that Bono wrote for him in 1982. Yup yesterday U2 performed Pride (In the Name of Love) live on those very same steps.









The Edge on the JumboTron







Bono started the song by saying ".... 46 years ago Dr. King had a dream and on Tuesday that dream comes to pass." I have some video but it's not loading right.

2 comments:

Ishmael said...

That is so cool.

Are you going to be downtown Tuesday?

Cheeseburger In Paradise said...

it was cool, and no 500,000 people was my limit on Saturday, plus we are to close for public transit (full when it gets to us), the road is blocked off 100' from the house for driving and we don't want to walk the 2 miles.