Saturday, January 31, 2009

Not a rubber-chicken-dinner event

I hate going to fancy dancy dress up affairs so I was shocked and impressed with the "Winter Gala" that my new employers put on a few days ago. When we arrived all we saw were tuxs' and almost turned around and headed for 7-eleven for a six pack and McDonalds for some burgers. Being the troopers we are we forged on to the gala to be greeted by an open bar (SWEEEEET), crab puffs, shrimp, meat on a stick (that wasn't questionable like in Kodiak) and a full table of cheese and humus spread, and this was just the cocktail hour. After that we along with 200 of our closest friends for the night entered the main room for a feast that consisted of..... scallop & Shrimp salad, Prime Rib, Salmon w/ Mango sauce, free range chicken with cipollini tomato confit (and yes you could have all of them), Peruvian potatoes and a dessert table to die for.







The Mrs. with her cheese plate (wasn't happy about getting photographed while eating)















The theme for the night was Hollywood and the mood music for dinner were theme songs from various movies.













The CEO addressing the crowd and picking door prizes which consisted of 2 iPod Touch and a trip for 2 to Jamaica. A 48" flat screen TV was also given away.












While Mrs. didn't win a door prize she did win an Oscar for her role of "I don't want my picture taken tonight" facial looks.

6 comments:

Ishmael said...

What new employers?

Who wrote this, the Mr. or the Mrs., because the descriptions of the food sounded like the Mrs.

Cheeseburger In Paradise said...

It was the the Mr. (the Mrs. has trained me well)

Ishmael said...

And the new employer....? If it's top secret, maybe an e-mail.... Enquiring Minds Want To Know.....

Cheeseburger In Paradise said...

I decided to go to the corporate side. I now work for a company called Paradigm Solutions.

Ishmael said...

You expect me to believe there's a company named Paradigm Solutions? Wasn't that the evil, world-dominating company in a James Bond film a few years back? Paradigm Solutions, indeed. ... Oh, wait, I just Googled them. They offer "world class, mission critical IT and enterprise risk management products and services."

Nice! So no more USCG Fat Man Program when you indulge in a little too much of the Mrs.' great cooking?

Cheeseburger In Paradise said...

I'm still doing the CG part time so I still have to watch myself