Thursday, March 12, 2009

Just pitiful...

Japhy the Wonder Dog developed an ear hematoma today, due to the fact that he shook his head one too many times as the result of an ear infection. Yikes. I frantically took him to the vet, where they drained the ear (picture the ear flap as being blown up like a balloon) and got him all bandaged up. Here is what Japhy looks like now:

That walk we took ended up being pretty lame, Mom.

Let's all hope for the best... sometimes these things have to be drained a few times, and if that doesn't work, surgery may have to follow. Plus, there is something just so damn pitiful about a dog with a cone on his head. Looks like I owe the dog a steak. Well, probably a few so I have a way to give him the eight pills he is going to have to take each day for the next few weeks. Sigh.


The Man adds: Japhy reminds me of my 3rd grade teacher.... Sister Mary Ferocious

2 comments:

Ishmael said...

Poor Japhy the Wonder Dog! He looks so sad.

Cheeseburger In Paradise said...

sad and NOT a happy camper