Chickens! These guys are free-range, fed organic feed, and prodcue some of the yummiest eggs I have ever eaten. Plus, the Vidals have Araucana chickens, which lay eggs in beuatiful shades of light green and blue. When mixed in with the brown eggs of the other chickens, the carton looks full of Easter eggs!
The of the Spanish Meat Goat kids playfighting. These are a heritage land race of goats descended for those that were brought to the SW by the conquistadors and ended up runing wild out there for a time. As a result, they have been subject to the laws of natural selection and are a very hardy breed.
Feeding the Tunis sheep. I'm going to be buying one of their fleeces (big surprise).
The cottage on the property, overlooking the Robinson River. It is a B&B, but unlike most B&B's,you have the option of having breakfast made for you, or having farm-fresh ingredients delivered to your door so you can cook yourself!
We were talking about some kind of management strategy here, but danged if I can remember what it was.
Well, this was a delightful project... I have completed the plan and not only do the Vidals like my ideas, it sounds like they may actually implement some of them. Plus, now we have a source for eggs, herbs, jellies, jams, and maybe even elderberry wine! We will so be driving out to the farmer's market (or the farm iteself) on a regular basis to get these goodies. I am truly indebted to the Vidals for all of the time and expertise they provided!
3 comments:
Lizzy,
Love the long hair!
Your Whale Fest friend was asking about you tonight, and lamenting your absence (as we all do).
Ish
Sigh. I lament your absence as well. Yeah, I am SO ready to get my ass back to Alaska. DC is really for the freaking birds. Glad you like the hair, BTW. Tell my Whale Fest buddy I say hello!
Girlfriend! I second the opine on the hair. Orcas' in the Channel last week-we had 1 cow and 2 calves. Starting to look at seeds and plans for the garden. Have you learned to look BOTH ways crossing the street? Chiniak Beach Boy
Post a Comment