Thursday, July 24, 2008

Gone to the Dark Side

Well at least for 2 weeks. This part of my course requires me to use a MacBook Pro.









And after 4 days I HATE Macs

2 comments:

Ishmael said...

I'm thinking your hatred is just because you're not getting enough exercise because you're not throwing non-working Windoze machines around the room any more. I recommend some weight training and giving in to simplicity itself (the Mac, that is).

True story on how easy Macs are, compared to Windoze: A friend got a used iBook from an uncle, and she wanted to make some room on the hard drive by dumping some of the programs she didn't need. She tried for hours looking for the "Uninstall" or "Remove" functions. Then she asked me. We opened the applications folder, dragged the ones she didn't want over to the trash can and emptied it. As a skilled and typical Windoze user, she couldn't believe it was that easy. I told her everything on the Mac is just as easy. And it is.

Being forced to beat your head against the wall daily becomes a habit, and when you move to a Mac and no longer have to do things the hard way, you might miss the head beating for a while. It's understandable. It will pass.

Cheeseburger In Paradise said...

sorry I'm not drinking the Mac Koolaid. The stuff that I'm doing is not the average user stuff and there is way to much work mounting and un-mounting things. I'll stick with MS.