Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Oh no, not another one of those posts!

Things have been somewhat uneventful at the casa lately. The Man is finishing up school, as am I, which requires a great deal more time spent at home that we would like! However, all is not lost, as the garden is still looking very happy, and I thought I would show you all some last shots of it before everything wanes... can't believe how lush a garden is in mid-August in Virginia. Gotta love this growing season!



Check out the plant below... a mini-pumpkin that grew from a seed dropped by an errant bird! I just kinda let it go to see what would happen, and lo and behold, I picked my first 'lil pumpkin the other day. Sure, it's a bit early for it, but it makes me smile having it in the house. Also check out that purple pepper... came from a seed I planted from a variety pack of bell peppers... love those heirloom plant varieties!

And, we have cayennes that are finally turning red. Have been using the green ones in the making of Thai curries and such- they are SPICY.


Also am harvesting the first of the lavender... my favorite ;-)


OK, I promise no more garden shots... at least until next year. Love, The. Mrs.

3 comments:

Ishmael said...

No,no,no,no! The Garden photos are nice! Especially since we've gone directly from snow storms to fireweed up here this "summer," and I use the term very loosely.

I am actually salivating over the cayenne peppers!

Anonymous said...

mmm... cayenne peppers. I am planning on drying most of them, and if all goes well, maybe you will just get a few.

Glad that you like the garden photos... we'll top that in a couple of weeks with lounging-on-the-beach next to the Atlantic photos. In our very own beach house. Yep, life is gud.

Ishmael said...

I'm thinking you might need a hazmat waiver to send cayenne in the mail, but I'm willing to take that chance.