Friday, August 8, 2008
Opening Ceremony
I usually watch the events at both the Winter and Summer Olympics and pass on the opening ceremony, really.... how many athletes waving little country flags can one take. But we watched for an hour and 42 minutes just to see our new favorite Archery Team.... Team Bhutan. As mentioned in a previous blog the national sport in Bhutan is archery so we are pulling for the huge 6 or 7 person TEAM BHUTAN.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I tried with all my might to avoid the opening ceremonies, but it was live on NPR at 7 a.m. and on tape-delay on KTUU at 7 p.m. And nearly every TV in Tbar had it on, so I caught a little of it. And it was spectacular. The 500 people doing synchronized kung-fu, the dude running around the inside rim of the stadium, the whole thing was more amazing than I thought it could be. I've successfully avoided watching any events yet, but if I see archery on the sked, I'll try to catch Bhutan.
Post a Comment