Monday, August 20, 2007

Last of the Trip photos

I have now recuperated from the journey back to the last frontier and figured I'd post a few remaining shots including our trip into Beantown






Again no trip back home is complete without some good ole New England Seafood. Here was our first stop in town to suck back a 1/2 dozen cherrystones. Chowda was as always a daily staple here.










Strolling around the Boston Public Gardens. The flowers were in full bloom and it was a beautiful day, although at this point the boy had about enough of photos being taken. That's GW on his high horse, no the other one (George Washington)













Some of the flower beds at the Public Garden















Another bed






No trip is complete without a sea cruise, okay well at least a cruise of the duck pond on one of the famous swan boats. These have been operating for over a hundred years in Boston












More hiking at Boarderland. I still don't know how I'm in shorts and a light shirt and was sweatier then the boy in his 40lb jeans













A few shots of our fruitless efforts to catch a striped bass
















Still trying


























Watching the kiddlings play football from the nose bleed seats, actually this was taken from the deck off of the master bedroom of the cottage.

2 comments:

Ishmael said...

So are those palm trees of some sort in the background of the first picture? Do they take them in the winter there? Because it occasionally freezes there, right?

And that shot of the boy casting -- next to last -- is a terrific picture.

Welcome back! Sorry I whimped out Saturday night.... If I knew Library Lisa was with you guys, I might have shown up! LOL

Cheeseburger In Paradise said...

Not sure if they are palm trees, but hell ya it freezes there. That is a great picture, I'm going to frame that one. Saturday was a good time we all went and saw Pamyua at the HS (it was a great show) and then went for cocktails.