Friday, September 28, 2007

Don't Cry for me (Kodiak) Argentina

Okay so no one cried for ME when we left although there were quite a few tears shed for the Mrs.. It was impressive listening to some of the nice things that were said about her and to her by some of the members of the community and the Native Elders. Probably one of the best comments made was by one of the Elders when he told her "leave lots of tracks in your travels because the Alutiiq People are good trackers and we will find you".








The last photo taken in Kodiak, the Mrs. doing some knitting in the hotel room with Barometer Mtn out the window.












The Mrs' last bear sighting in AK, actually this one is at the airport soon to be the formally known as Ted Stevens International Airport










Here I am in our 3rd home in 2 weeks (2 more to go), we scammed a sweet little suite in Portland right down on the water at the Marriott. Of course when in Rome!! so I'm sipping on a Pabst Blue Ribbon (people really do still drink this stuff). It's so popular here that at a place called Binks they serve a Pabstini (a PBR in a beer mug with an olive)










A shot of the Willamette River that runs through Portland













The USS BLUEBACK that is berthed at the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry. This sub appeared in The Hunt For Red October. I took the photo because its across the river from the hotel.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I got misty for both of you, dude. I just figured you'd mace me or something if I tried to hug you.

Hard to believe you two are gone.... You've been fixtures in K-town since I got here...

Cheeseburger In Paradise said...

We can only hug if we are at the the Kodiak Kafe in Anchorage or Mad Myrna's. We are already getting home sick for Kodiak