Monday, January 21, 2008

I'll take Manhattan.....

We have completed our latest adventure to the REAL urban jungle, and we probably covered enough ground in 3 days that we should have covered in a week. To sum it up in a paragraph we did / saw the following........

went to Times Square (along with the 1 million (I didn't make up that number) people that visit each day), hit Broadway and the Theater District, explored Grand Central Station, walked up 5th Ave and down Park Ave, climbed to the top of the Empire State Building, walked through Central Park, had an authentic NY Deli sandwich, ate at an old school Italian Restaurant, drank Guinness in Hells Kitchen (birthplace of the Irish Mob), and walked about 1000 miles (or so it felt like).

The only bad part of the trip was when we returned the rental car and inadvertently left the camera and some CDs in it, we ran back within an hour and one of the drivers at ALAMO CAR RENTAL stole the camera. First we were told that nothing was found in the center console then when I did some walking around the lot area, low and behold there were the CDs on the gas pump but still no camera. Of course no one could remember or figure out who drove the car back to the cleaning area. So lessoned learned... A) don't forget your stuff in the car and B) don't rent from ALAMO CAR RENTAL.








We did save a few pictures on the computer. Here is Times Square at dusk. So much glitz and lights
















The Mrs. outside of Saks 5th Ave. (this is as close as I let her get)















Central Park is a cool place and an interesting fact was the designer of the park Frederick Olmsted click here to check out some impressive places him and his sons designed. More to follow





4 comments:

Ishmael said...

Those Alamo Bastards! I bet they're based in Texas.

You guys took the elevator to the top of the Empire State Building, right? Because walking up it would be crazy.

If she had a pillbox hat and big sunglasses on, The Mrs. would have a nice Jackie O thing going on with that pink coat.

The Olmsteads did a lot of work in my old stomping grounds of Seattle. Very impressive designers.

I got the saltwater taffy today! Thank you!!! Silent Bob dove in face-first for his share.

Miss you guys!

Ish

Cheeseburger In Paradise said...

I'm more upset about the photos we lost then the camera, oh well I guess we'll have to go back and take another 500 pictures. Of course we took the elevator to the top, I couldn't carry enough smokes to make it up there by stairs.

Glad you liked the taffy, the Mrs. will put together another care package soon.

Ishmael said...

Want me to put some muktuk in an envelope and mail it down? How's that for a care package? ;-)

Anonymous said...

We would LOVE some Muktuk, Ish. That would be fabulous!!! Thatnks so much for the nice Jackie-O comment.. that made my day!