Wow, we have certainly been bad about updating the blog lately. It's not that we haven't been doing fun things, it's just that we have been lacking the motivation to write about them.
At any rate, last weekend we went into DC to see some
famous flowers...

Yep, the blossoms were at their peak and they were just lovely:


Unfortunately, we didn't get over to the
Tidal Basin, where the most trees are planted. There were like 867,453 people who also went down on Sunday and the crowds were a bit intense. However, we did get down there on Wednesday with some friends. It was beautiful... cherry blossoms trailing down over the water, pink petals floating in the current. Very much like something out of a Japanese watercolor. You will all have to take my word for it, as I forgot the camera.
Well, this weekend we did a few things... The Man and I rented a car for the monthly Wal-Mart, big grocery run trip. We also went to a mall. I really hate malls. With a passion. It is only by the grace of someone up high that our marriage didn't end this Saturday. I dunno what it is about those places that sets me off. Could be the fluorescent lighting, the hordes of sheep who buy tons of crap that they don't really need and really can't afford, the aroma of the food court... who knows. Let's just say that The Man was very patient with me.
After all that, I took the dog vover to Dyke Marsh. He got to swim, which makes him very happy:
There were also violets blooming everywhere:

And TONS of red-winged blackbirds:

I remembered during this little walk how much I need to connect with nature on a regular basis. I have had several discussions with people to this effect- I just get antsy and irritable if I am in the city too much. As much as I love living without a car, I am definitely missing being able to escape into the wilds at will. Oh well, I guess lfe is all about tradeoffs...
At least I have a little patch of space in which to grow things. I planted some more flowers this weekend:
Sigh. Gardens always look so sad in the beginning... but this will be lovely in a month or so when everything fills in.
And I am completely in love with this daffodil that just bloomed.
All in all, life is good. Love, The Mrs.
No comments:
Post a Comment