Mariah's younger daughter. Check out the blue eyes. Both of her parents are brown and I am just amazed that this kid is rockin' the baby blues...
Mercedes and I with DJ and friend Charlie Deep. Who I now call Charlie Feedback. Let's just say that there were some issues with the sound during the best man's speech. Nice- and so not his fault, but it is fun to tease him about it. And the fact the he referred to Mariah's man as Mr. instead of doctor. Yep, that's right... my girl went and married a dentist. And she saw him through school. Nice.
The view from above. The meal was awesome and there was an excellent array of libations. Which people got into. A lot.
As evidenced by the activity on the dance floor.
And at the end of it all, Mariah couldn't find her shoes (Perhaps due to the libations? I loaned her my extra pair... I wore just FAB shoes, but I needed some backups for comfort). However, it would have been really funny to see her running through the streets of downtown Portland in barefeet with her wedding dress. Mercedes took about 30 minutes to find her cell phone, and Mariah's friend Kim (who I've known since we we all kids too!) was extra-tipsysilly and kept asking me to make this face that I always made when we were kids. Which I did. I haven't even shown The Man this face because it is so hideous and it broke us all up. Good times, good times. Here I am in the midst of these, some of my favorite ladies, all just being silly and keepin' it real:
Wow, I am such a white girl. OK, really more red from the libations and the dancing. How come I'm the one who looks the most crunked when I was the soberest of the bunch? Must be the Irish in me.
Oh, I almost forgot! You know how at most wedding receptions they do some horrid thing like the chicken dance or the macarena? That is not how my girl rolls. Here is the crowd gettin' busy to 50 Cent's In Da Club. What is even more amazing about all the people dancing is that Mariah's mom's side of the family, who are representing for the Scandinavian peeps of Minnesota all got out there. And had rhythm. In this vid, the lovely woman in the purple suit is Mariah's mom. Let's just say that back in the day, when all the other little white girls were gettin' their hippie on, Margaret was into Motown. She has some real soul. This wedding and reception were just so fun- a perfect time for a perfect couple!
Please Lord, let me keep moving like this when I am 80. I am so honored to be so close to this family and love that I got to be a part of this event.
No comments:
Post a Comment