Thursday, November 6, 2008

More Richmond

Besides the candy store we ate at a cool little diner called the Galaxy Diner, it has a sci-fi theme with lots of posters of the old sci-fi movies











The food was your typical diner fare with a few exceptions like fried pickles and fried oreos. I did have the pickle and it was good.



















Another crazy menu item caught my eye. I didn't order my namesake.























Next it was off to Maymont Park which is a 100 acre park in the heart of Richmond. It has several gardens and the foliage was in full bloom.













There is a Japanese Garden that consist of a koi pond as well as a large waterfall coming down from the terrace.














This was the most colorful koi as the rest of them had a lot less color


















A shot of the waterfall.






















Maymont also has an some impressive Wildlife Exhibits scattered throughout the 40-acre valley including , bison, white-tailed and sitka deer, elk, gray and red fox, bobcats, eagles, hawks and this black bear.






The girl feeding the animals.

2 comments:

Ishmael said...

What, no pictures of the fried pickle?

Was it grilled, or deep fried?

Sliced, juliened or chopped? Sweet or dill? Garlic or Kosher? Cucumber chip, perhaps?

And please tell me the hardboiled egg was not on the ice cream....

I need to know more about this!

Cheeseburger In Paradise said...

the pickle was a dill and deep fried, as for the egg / ice cream I didn't go there.