Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered, weak and weary......

The first line from "The Raven" by Edgar Allan Poe, great you say. Today I wondered back down to Richmond and the girl and I visited the Poe Museum. It was interesting to see into the life of such a dark man and the mystery about his death.








Operating since 1922 it is located in the oldest residential dwelling in Richmond that was built in 1737. The museum has Poe's manuscripts, letters, first editions, memorabilia and personal belongings.












At the end of the garden is a shrine to Poe.











The garden was designed after a garden described by Poe in his poem "To One In Paradise" Unfortunately photos weren't allowed inside the buildings, so take my word for it seeing Poe's original works was pretty cool.






We first went back to the Galaxy Diner for lunch and I snapped these next two photos for some peeps in AK.

The fried pickle for Ish

This one for CK1

4 comments:

Ishmael said...

Are fried pickles a new thing, because out of the blue, a woman started talking about them the other day. She was from Texas.

Cheeseburger In Paradise said...

I guess it's a southern thing, they like everything fried

Ishmael said...

Including their half-baked presidents, if I can mix metaphors and cooking styles.

Casey said...

Man, I'm glad this one page in your archive is completely dedicated to pictures that I would enjoy! I should really read your blog more often...