The body is a great mysterious organism that literally has a mind of its own especially when it comes to food. It knows when to use food for energy or store it when it doesn’t get much. We’ll take mine for example, usually it is happy with the daily intake of calories and carbs of things like McDonalds, pizza hut buffets, curly fries along with extra helpings of the Mrs. great cuisine. It knows how to process these things and is happy leaving a nice big deposit in my mid-section knowing it will get plenty more at any time. That being said the last 10 days have been hell on my inner food brain. After the vac where I ate GREAT I went to total reverse healthy mode. I’m eating smaller portions of things like leafs and celery, yum yum. Along with this I am burning off more calories and fat that is stored rather then that McKinley double Big Mac by walking between 3-4 miles on the bike path. I now have 30 days to go and so far so good, I lost 10lbs and ½ % of body fat in the first 10 days and 13lbs to go.
At this rate I will be able to keep up with my brother during the Kodiak Half Marathon as I drive along side him in the car. We got the opportunity to watch him almost win the New Bedford Half Marathon when we were back east, he was set to win when about 200 people sprinted ahead of him to cross the finish line. At least he beat the approx 4800 people behind him. Here he is crossing the finish line sporting his red running shoes and representing with his HFC (Hurtin for Certain) Running Club green shirt.
No comments:
Post a Comment