Friday, October 10, 2008

Surpize.... Surprize, Another Irish Fesival

No shortage of festivals here, it seems like there is a festival a week. We actually went to the Alexandria Irish Festival a few weeks back but I forgot to post the photos.







The MC for the day was none other than Ireland's Own (and our watering hole owner) Pat Troy who was styling in his shamrock pants.














No Irish Fest is complete without some step dancing and these girls were great.















I found this sign odd

















The same with this one

















again perplexing????



















The signs are odd because...come on its an Irish Festival... we can smell the Guinness a mile away





















And yes that's an Irish O'Bama button I was sporting

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Obama '08?

sigh.....

bro

Cheeseburger In Paradise said...

I finally fell off the fence, way to much negativity on McCain’s part which I think is desperation. I think O’Bama is the lesser of two evils especially after Palin is guilty of ethics violations AND refusing to testify when given a subpoena, this is an ongoing theme in another Repub administration of no accountability. Time will tell if I made the right choice.

Anonymous said...

OK fine but put down the Kool-Aid.

It's "Obama."

Who knew, but if McCain picked Romney his timing would have been spot on. Who knew this would turn into a contest of novelties.

What do you call a white Obama on November 5th?

Senator

Actually he would never have gotten this far. In the land of Deval Patrick

"Together We Can..."

We can what?

"We Can..."

At least the novelty will be gone and next African American to run for office will actually need some credentials.

OK I'm done.

Bro

Anonymous said...

mmm...KoolAid. Well, maybe if McCain had chosen someone other than Caribou Barbie for his running mate (Mitt Romney, for example), I could take him more seriously. And, with Palin's legacy of earmarks, abuses of power, and jut general Wasilla-white-trashiness, things are going to be the same in DC if they get in. And let's not forget that McCain has sounded more and more like McBush over the past couple of years (talk about drinking some KoolAid).

But it's OK that you are voting McCain/Palin because you think she's hot. Go ahead, admit it...

Well, I am being tongue-in-cheek, my dear Shuttlecock... really, The Man and I are just choosing the lesser of two evils at this point. However, I do respect your views, even if I don't agree. Too bad we can't drink a bottle or three of wine and have this discussion ;-)