With the downturn in the economy I have come to the conclusion that DC is one of the best places to get the most for your money. It's simple EVERYTHING is free. Whether it's seeing a Monet or Rembrandt or even a space shuttle or a T-Rex it's all free. The area is also ripe with history and some cool natural areas as in today's trip.
Located a few miles outside the city is were the Potomac River narrows up for its trip up to Cumberland, West Virginia for a total of 383 miles. We went to Great Falls today for a 5 mile hike along a trail that runs along the banks of the river. It was nice to walk and not see a McCain or Obama sign every 5 feet (by the way the Obama signs out number the McCain signs 8 to 1 here). I was expecting to see one water fall along the way but to my surprise we were treated to some beautiful scenery......
Located a few miles outside the city is were the Potomac River narrows up for its trip up to Cumberland, West Virginia for a total of 383 miles. We went to Great Falls today for a 5 mile hike along a trail that runs along the banks of the river. It was nice to walk and not see a McCain or Obama sign every 5 feet (by the way the Obama signs out number the McCain signs 8 to 1 here). I was expecting to see one water fall along the way but to my surprise we were treated to some beautiful scenery......
Unlike the Northwest and Alaska the Mrs. needs to rely on her field guides while we hike the Mid-Atlantic.
2 comments:
Beautiful falls. I had no idea there was nothing like that back east.
And the museums are free? Sweet.
The Mrs. is looking fit.
Yeah, I think I got a parasite from drinking the gross tapwater here. But I think I'm gonna keep it until I shed a few more pounds!
Post a Comment