Sunday, July 22, 2007

I like big butts and I can not lie...

We got up early and off for a day of fishing with Frank. The weather was so so but at least no rain.







Looking over at Kodiak Island kind of reminded me of the island in Jurassic Park













The same for Spruce Island














The Mrs. all bundled up waiting for the onslaught. We had to keep reminding ourselves its JULY.














I landed the first fish and at this point I would have guessed it weight 500lbs












Turns out when we got it onboard it was ONLY 65lbs. This is great because Frank only wanted a few small chunks so our freezer is packed with Halibut. Also a record "big butt" for me but the Mrs. still has me beat by 5lbs.











The Mrs. caught the next and last halibut for the day. All total 80lbs of fish, a GREAT day.











The pose at the dock shot











After we got back in the real work started, here the Mrs. is filleting up the big one (and a great job she did) and then it was home to wrap and freeze all of it, a two hour process.

No comments: