This one took us out Anton Larson Rd. The problem was the first 1/4 mile or so was nothing but mud and the sinking get your boots stuck in kind. So after a few hundred yards I had completely submerged my boots and my socks and everything were soaked
This is my whiny, complaining, miserable did I say whiny pout that the Mrs. thought was so funny she had to snap a picture
While I was busy sinking and whining the Mrs. got all excited because she found a ton of Sundews (the carnivorous plant she mentioned in a previous blog).
After a half hour or so I decided enough was enough and we decided to hike another trail, I need solid ground under my left ankle and mud doesn't cut it. We then went and hiked another new trail for us, Cross Fox Lakes. In the spring or fall it would be a nice steady incline but with the salmon berries in full grow mode along with everything else it was hard to follow the trail with so much vegetation. The trail is between the Mrs. and me and I still almost lost her.
After giving the Mrs. a hard time about not wearing shorts to get some sun I now regret my decision. See those salmon berry bushes that I just mentioned oh ya they have thorns.
The last few weeks have really changed the scenery here and we are back to living up to our name "The Emerald Island" unlike the The Emerald Isle
Ok so to sum it up my feet were soaked, my legs are bleeding did I mention the sun burn??? Actually we had a great time and the weather was fantastic. After the hiking we stopped at the mouth of the Buskin again and the Mrs. got this nice salmon that is soaking in brine as I type. I caught another Dolly Varden but we spared him until he grows up a little
As a parting shot I like this one of the Mrs. and the surrounding scenery. Talking with Mike (the Mrs.' boss) one day about the area and photos he summed it perfectly "Kodiak is a very visual place" so true so true.
No comments:
Post a Comment