As promised, The Mrs. is back with notes from her adventure to the National Gallery of Art:
The Gallery is divided into two buildings- West and East. The West Building contains a massive collection of the classics, while the East Building has more modern and contemporary art. I had been to the West Building before, but was happy to go through a second time with Casey. I am amazed that they allow cameras in here- but I am disgusted at how many people were taking photos with the flash and that none of the staff said anything. That is SO wrong.
At any rate, here are some of the highlights:
Monet is in the house bigtime... I'm sure most of you recognize this painting titled "The Japanese Footbridge".
Van Gogh is representing too... here is Casey doing his best "I just chopped my ear off so that you will love me" impression.
Hmmm... coulda sworn I took more photos there- oh well, now onto the treasures of the East Building.
You have your Lichtenstein...
A little Mondrian up in here...
And what is a modern art museum
without some Picasso?
And let us not forget the Pop Daddy of 20th Century art, Warhol:
mmm... soup. Wow, I really look like a baglady in this photo.
Also present were three of my absolute favorite artists: Rene Magritte, Henri Matisse, and Georgia O'Keefe respectively. Sadly, the exhibit of Matisse's famous cut-outs is only open at select times... will have to go back when it is open.
All in all, a nice and pretty and wonderful day... I heart art.
3 comments:
Very nice! I had no idea the Van Gogh self portrait was there.
The O'Keefes are spectacular.
Ish, you would be amazzzzzed at the works that are here, thats why everyone needs to visit us
Yeah Ish, why don't you come out here and get yer culture on?
Post a Comment