Monday, March 24, 2008

Food food and more food

I figure if we haven't been on a big adventure there is always some good or new food to throw in here. On Friday we went out for an early bite to eat and tried another of the 100s of restaurants in the neighborhood.







We started with some Calamari (from my old work stomping grounds of Pt. Judith RI) served with a spicy pomodoro sauce.











The Mrs. went with the beef, veal, and pork meatloaf in a tomato pomodoro sauce. (PS. by the way I am not a connoisseur of these fine meals and sauces and have to go look up what the heck I'm writing).












I on the other hand being the meat and potato guy that I am went for the Rib-eye and potatoes. I did splurge a little with the mushroom balsamic butter topping.








Now the Mrs. on the other hand, as the regular readers can attest to is a connoisseur on fine food, sauces, herbs, etc... She also is a beer aficionado to a degree with her liking of micro brews as compared to the standard bottled beer. That being said (and this is a Northwest thing) she lovvvves her PBR and was thrilled to find that Overwood served her sweet PBR on tap.






Something random you don't see everyday, and while I know vintage clothing stores are the rage this is to much. As we walked home from dinner we passed this father and daughter on Main St. I think they were headed to a revolution against King George (now all you liberals, don't read to much into that)



No comments: