Monday, March 24, 2008

A Day at the Zoo

Over the past few days, we were lucky enough to have The Man's kids in town... after a big ham dinner on Easter, we decided to walk it off Monday with a trip to the National Zoo.
I was especially excited to see the Giant Panda exhibit, as I had never seen one before! I was pretty well-behaved, and didn't knock too many small children on the ground in an effort to get a good view:
We also were privy to lions and (Siberian) tigers and (Sloth) bears, oh my!!!


More to follow soon- it's a bit late and I am more than a bit tired ;-)

2 comments:

Ishmael said...

I'll have to tell you the story of being stalked and (nearly) attacked by a tiger once. It's a scary thing to know a beast the size of a Volkswagen wants to kill you.

I like how the zoo has strapped wood slats to the outside of that tree behind the tiger. Big kitty scratching post?

So is that a sloth bear, or a bear sloth?

Cheeseburger In Paradise said...

are you sure you were stalked by a tiger and not a pink elephant outside of Tony's at 3:00 AM???