Sunday, March 2, 2008

The local tour

With our guest done working and ready to see the sights and sounds of the big city we ventured out on Friday night and Saturday and showed him Old Town. The Mrs. will post more on his cultural experiences later.










I know there aren't a lot of restaurants in K-town but boy you would think Casey hadn't had a good meal in ages. We dined at the King Street Blues and he opted for the apple chipotle glazed fried chicken Southern dinner.
















After a walk around town looking at the shops and the smelly Potomac River we headed for Pat Troys to enjoy a few beverages and then on to Tiffany Tavern.














The Mrs. and Casey enjoying a 12 year old bottle of Jameson.








After a few pints of Guinness and a few Jamesons, Casey let his redneck shine through as this video shows. (Ish, you can make some serious blackmail money with this one)






On Saturday morning it was up early and off to what is called here "the start of Irish month". The St Patrick's Parade in Old Town. We used it as a test run for the big St. Paddy's Parade in DC on the 16th. Here is Japhy with his shamrock bandanna ready to celebrate.



You can't start a Irish parade without drinking a glass of the nectar of the Gods. More parade pictures to follow

2 comments:

Ishmael said...

Nice video! I guess I kinda was expecting him to upchuck, given the convulsions he was having.

That last picture ... Does Kodiak Kasual really work in DC? Did people look at you and the Mrs. as if you had befriended a homeless person?

Anonymous said...

No, Kodiak Kasual does not work in DC. Shortly after this photo was taken (and this was my first and only beer of the day), I was wearing some of my Guinness on my shirt. I got some very disapproving looks.