Hey everyone... haven't been on the blog in a while, so I thought I would finally check in and post some things that I have did and stuff:
The week before last, I went into DC to pick up some now glasses. I decided to stay in and check out the National Portrait Gallery/Museum of American Art. Here are some highlights:
The preamble of the Constitution in license plates:
The week before last, I went into DC to pick up some now glasses. I decided to stay in and check out the National Portrait Gallery/Museum of American Art. Here are some highlights:
The preamble of the Constitution in license plates:
A self-portrait by Kurt Vonnegut:
An entire room devoted to Katharine Hepburn. Wow. Note the Oscars on the lower left.
This room even had her trademark Brooks Brothers sweater:
Some portrait of some chick by some dude:
And, I just had to take this photo of Tom Wolfe. LOVE HIM!
There was also a killer exhibit called Represent! which featured monumental portraits (like 8 feet tall) of hip-hop artists. I managed to snap a photo of the entry area, painted by local graffiti artists, but no pics of the rest of the exhibition, as no photos were allowed. Sigh.
And just so we do not part on a sad note, here is a snapshot of our shade garden. It's finally coming along and we even have a fairy-in-residence...
1 comment:
I guess if you can't have the Baranov Museum, the National will do.
:-)
Spring is here. Grass is getting green. We wish you folks were here.
Post a Comment