As some of you know my past time (and comic relief) is watching and listening to the likes of Rush, Sean Hannity and Bill O'Reilly. I dabble in several Fox News shows during the day if I need a quick pick me up laugh. For those of you who don't know what these people and shows are about I'll explain. They are comedians that pose as "fair and balanced" pundits, although the fair and balanced goes out the window unless your definition is everything Repub and or conservative. Now they do occasionally have Democrat pundits on, but they are usually put on the defensive right from the start. Now the confusing part???? I just read the below article about Rupert Murdoch who is the owner of News Corp who owns Fox News. There is no doubt or secret there is a repub/conservative stance on FNC, so WHY is the owner saying the following statements;
Rupert Murdoch predicts landslide for Democrats - Headline
"News Corp Chief Executive Rupert Murdoch on Wednesday predicted a Democratic landslide in the U.S. presidential election against a gloomy economic backdrop over the next 18 months." - now all I hear on FNC is that we are NOT in a recession and everything is good
"Murdoch has yet to endorse a U.S. presidential candidate but considers Barack Obama very promising, the media magnate said" - is this the same Obama that is CONSTANTLY slammed on FNC
"You have got the Obama phenomenon. You have got, undoubtedly, a recession ... The average American is really getting hurt financially and that all bodes well for him (Obama), Murdoch said." - phenomenon??? again is this the same Obama that FNC says is un-electable and according to their poll (and only theirs) McCain beats Obama.
"You have probably the making of a complete phenomenon in this country," Murdoch said in describing what he predicted will be a sweeping victory for Democrats in November." - Again not what FNC is saying.
For the full article click here. So all I can surmise is that Rupy either sees the writing on the wall and will be hiring Al Franken to host a new show or he does not watch FNC or listen to Rush.
Friday, May 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment