
One of the reasons we went is that our neighbor next door is an artist. His work (Murals) are all around Delray which is next to Old Town. Chad had this mosaic on display, it depicts Joe Strummer from the Clash.
Chad made this out of guitar picks, pretty cool.
The following are some of the exhibits and works by the local artist. I must admit I was impressed by 95% of the works there all though about 5% had me scratching my head and turning it side ways. And Ish the garbage bag would not have fit in here.
Local artist Johanna Steinhauser creates ceramic bowls by using potholes, she fills the pothole and when it drys she removes it.
Her reasoning or inspiration.
I didn't get this artist's name but he made this chair out of nothing but post-it-notes.
This one just cracked me up. Its a "gas" tank full of "anti" gas relief, including a "gas" mask.
The Mrs. was excited by Rania Hassan's exhibit. They are paintings of hands knitting and are connected by yarn.
I found this concept pretty cool, he painted the picture right out onto the frame.
1 comment:
This is nice. You're documenting your hikes through art galleries in DC just as you documented your hikes on the hillsides of Kodiak. Some day when archaeologists find your blog, they'll be impressed by your versatility.
Post a Comment