I was kind of hoping that Hurricane Noel made it to this area as a) we need the rain and b) I haven't seen a good hurricane in years. Of course I should watch what I wish for as Noel was the deadliest hurricane in the Atlantic this year. That said it turned out to be a great weekend weather wise here so we took advantage of the sunny and 60s temps. Yesterday was our anniversary so we celebrated all day and night.
While down at the river we came across this heron that let us get pretty close
With the nice weather the river was full of sailboats all day
I played with the video function of my new camera and have to say I'm impressed with it so far. Here is Japhy playing frisbee

After playing at the park we walked down to King St and hit all the shops and had a little brunch
This guy was set up on a street corner and did a heck of a job on the glass harmonica

Later on we went for a wonderful anniversary meal at Danial O'Connells, an Irish restaurant that is decorated in an old school setting. The Mrs. had the breast of duck, iron skilled seared with smoked bacon wild rice, crackling and exotic fruit compote with Cointreau sauce and I feasted on scallion seared Tuna Mignon with mushroom potato hash and peppercorn sauce
No comments:
Post a Comment