I've moved from the high rise to the cubicle life. Actually this area is only to get away from my real work area when I feel like sitting back and listening to "comedy" radio- oops I mean talk radio.
My real desk with dual HUGE computers and dual monitors and the laptop all tied in together somehow. Before I could only mess up small amounts now I can mess up 18 terabytes with a keystroke. And to do the math, the average computer has an 80 gigabyte harddrive so I can mess up the equivalent of 225 computers with a keystroke.
This is one of my computers, it alone has four 320 gig harddrives and every bell and whistle and lots of pretty lights
This is the brain of the whole operation and its hard to tell in the photo but this unit stands 7' tall
You have to click on the image to see the 500miles of wires and cables. My biggest fear is to be found hung and dangling from a cable after making F.R.E.D. (Forensic Recovery of Evidence Device) mad someday.
An overview of the lab- it's still in disarray.
Okay enough geek speak its Friday. Tomorrow we are off on another adventure when we head to Georgetown for the day.
No comments:
Post a Comment