This past weekend we also visited the Ulysses S. Grant Memorial that stands at the front of the Capital. Started in 1909 it was completed in 1922.
The Grant Memorial includes the largest equestrian statue in the United States and the second largest in the world.
Pretty impressive although not your standard Lincoln or Jefferson Memorials
Grant is flanked on the right by Union Artillary soldiers
And the Calvary on his left
Looking across the Mall to the Memorial (I kept looking to see Forrest running through the pond)
2 comments:
So is that Grant's Tomb?
The woman in the statue has been crying since January 2001. Expect her to brighten up come November.
No his tomb is up in NY I believe. This is just one of the gagillion memorials here in the city. I keep looking for the Rufus T. Clarence Monkey Grinder Memorial (I'm sure there has to be one, everyone else here has a memorial)
Post a Comment