So what do you do when in Georgetown on a Saturday??? watch Georgetown University get beat in basketball. We tucked into a little place called Nathan's for some lunch and a pint.
Nathan's seems to be a place where the NON-Bud drinkers go. First I didn't even know there where 5 kinds of Johnny Walker Scotches and second the whole first shelve sported 47 (yes I counted) brands of scotch.
(Added by the Mrs.: I was lucky enough to have some Blue Label at the hands of my brother-in-law when we went to Mass last. It tastes like heaven mixed with nirvana.)
Being the non-scotch drinking, Guinness-drinking, occasional- Jameson-drinking guy that I am, I opted for the Guinness at 1:30 in the afternoon with bunch. However, most of the other patrons had at least one olive in their drink...
The Mrs. enjoyed some Eggs Benedict and a pint of Sam Adams. (Hey, it was 1:30 pm!)
So we initially wanted Thai food for lunch so where better to find the best Thai Restaurant than the Thai Embassy?!?! They were not amused by our inquiry and threw us out.
No comments:
Post a Comment