Saturday, January 6, 2007

Some things DO have a purpose

So as a male I have never been a fan of the bra, just seems to be one of those things that gets in the way of progress (male progress), but after reading the following story I guess there is a place for the “over the shoulder boulder holder”. Heck if its that good I might think of investing in one for my job but mind you it has to be macho looking….

Who needs body armor? I’m wearing a bra!
Strap slows .45 bullet striking woman during New Year’s Eve fireworks

AP Associated Press
Updated: 6:25 p.m. HT Jan 5, 2007

ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. - One woman discovered on New Year's Eve that her bra could do more than lift and support when the impact of a bullet was blunted by the bra strap on her left shoulder.

Debbie Bingham, 46, an Atlanta resident visiting family in St. Petersburg, said her gold-colored bra slowed the bullet during the holiday celebrations.

Her injury might have been much more severe had it not been for her bra strap, said George Kajtsa, spokesman for the St. Petersburg Police Department.

No comments: