Sunday, January 21, 2007

Storm names and breaking cabin fever

Having grown up in New England I was used to equating bad storms by name.... Blizzard of 78 or the Perfect Storm. Well after these past two months in Kodiak I have started naming storms here, for example yesterday and last night we had the Great Blizzard of Saturday of this week. This way I don't confuse it with say the Great Blizzard of Wednesday of the second week in January. That said we awoke to a beautiful day with fresh snow and sunshine and decided to make a break for the trails and some hiking.


Japhy was especially excited as he hasn't been out much lately and loves snow. Here are a few photos of today's adventure.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Husband,

If you please... try to only include pictures of me on this blog that have me looking my finest. Let's say, a little less Nanook of the North and a little more Sassy Hipster with an outdoorsy streak. More pics like the one of me on the Buskin are perfect. Love, Lizzy