Monday, December 3, 2007

More Architecture








A front view of the Willard Hotel















This is the Hotel Washington. It has been around since 1888 and in 1917 turned into a hotel making it the oldest operating hotel in the DC.










Notice the art work around the windows and top of the building. Like the Willard the Hotel Washington has had some famous guests, but what I found funny is the National Turkey spends the night before he is pardoned by the President here at Thanksgiving.




Top of the Department of Commerce Building

More to follow.....

2 comments:

Ishmael said...

Yeah, yeah, pretty buildings in the sunshine. Meanwhile we've got a blizzard raging in these parts.

Hey, got any shots of the Watergate Hotel?

Cheeseburger In Paradise said...

If it makes you feel any better they are talking about us getting a raging
1" of snow tomorrow!! but then back to the 50s and sunny. Haven't ventured to the Watergate Complex yet, I think its off limits for government types, well at least while this Administration is in, but I hear Hillary might hold tours there when she is President.