Saturday, December 22, 2007
Political...... opps I mean Social Commentary
I’ve always been under the impression that during the election season we look at candidate’s records and their platforms and then vote accordingly. Yesterday while listening to one of the radio talk shows here in DC, I couldn’t believe what I was hearing. In Maryland and Virginia one can vote in the primary (either one) and then change their party affiliation in the General Election. No big deal right, people would vote in their own primary and vote for the candidate that they think will do the best job and then vote for that person again in the election if they are nominated, if not then the next best candidate representing their views. Well yesterday I heard a number (big number) of callers including the host say that they are voting in the Democratic Primary for anybody but Hillary and then voting Republican in the General election?????!!!!! So in essence they are cheating our election process and proud of it. So forget about hanging chads and popular votes and all that, just vote against the popular candidate in the OTHER party and then vote for your guy (or gal) in the Election, and we wonder why some politicians are corrupt, we start their process
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That practice is what prompted the Alaskan republican party to close their primary a few years ago. I think it's an open secret that that's how they got saddled with John Lindaur as their goober candidate in 1998. Repub party leaders ditched him and running mate crazy Jerry Ward and backed the write-in campaign of Robin Taylor.
Is it designed to throw suspicion offyour candidate? Or would it be to assure that your candidates opponent will be weak vs the best qualified? If it's a known practice, would both parties do it? (Not that that makes it right)
Post a Comment