This is overlooking Middle Bay, like most of the islands in the Kodiak Archipelago the mountains drop right into the sea in most areas.
As this picture shows we still have plenty of snow at higher elevations, just not at sea level.
One nice thing here, especially for the animals is they are allowed to roam free without fences. Its not uncommon to see horses or buffalo walking the beaches.
The Kodiak landscape is a photographers dream, I like it to. Here is a blend of beach, river and mountains and two unwilling subjects.
The rest are some random Mountain views that I took .
And the final pic of the day was the outstretched arm shot of the both of us. Now if we could just get Japhy to learn how to use the camera. Another day off tomorrow so hopefully a new adventure, plans are to climb Pillar Mountain, but due to snow and ice I don't know how far we'll get. Pillar rises 1400' to the summit.
No comments:
Post a Comment