
A lot of fuss has been made about the movie the Guardian, which I guess is supposed to take place here in Kodiak (although they didn’t film any scenes here because we had a volcano erupting) just some background footage. It’s to bad to because initially they were looking for people from the base to act as stand ins and other parts. I missed my big break to become an actor….. Kevin Costner, Ashton Kutcher and me, and no thats not me superimposed into the picture I really was there really. I don’t think they could have convinced me to jump out of a perfectly good helicopter though. Anyway, here are some pictures of the REAL heroes from the movie, the guys that really go out and save lives in the Bering Sea.
Here is a crew conducting basket hoist training at the base
This is an intersection on base and believe it or not the road crosses the runway, needless to say the helicopters and planes have the right of way
Now these helicopters are fine for flying around but if I have to be out in the middle of the ocean I'll stick with my trusty 44 footer shown below. This is the 44357 that I ran out of Newport.
No comments:
Post a Comment