Sunday, February 11, 2007

Those Crazy Alaskan People - Part 4

Okay so these folks aren't really crazy Alaskans, but they have also kept us crazy and entertained. Like I have mentioned there is not a lot of nightlife or crazy social scenes here so we have to create our own fun times. When you mix a nice summer's night and living on the beach that can only lead to one thing.... a bonfire!! Now unlike early times when the Celtic folk held a midsummer festival where animal bones were burnt to ward off evil spirits we generally stick with driftwood and bring our own "good" spirits, usually beer and wine.




This is Jeff my partner who just left this summer for Florida. He is a "Coon Ass" from Louisiana who just came to work for us about 3 years ago, before that he was in the Coast Guard. He traded the laid back life here for the hectic 12 hour days in Florida to go round up the criminal elements of retired blue haired folk in FL, well that and the occasional kilos of coke and illegal aliens








This is Lisa, Jeff's wife. She was one of our local dispatchers here at the PD and I think Jeff spent more time there then working for me, but that's okay she is prettier then me anyway. No get together was complete until Lisa showed up with the jello shots.



Here we are just sitting around waiting for the sun to set. If you click on the picture you can see the little kid checking out the thong panties of the woman in the middle, wait maybe that's what I was taking a picture of!!






Here is Jeff and me with some other good friends, Dan and Katleen. We all stood mesmerized looking at the fire. Its funny peoples fascination by a big fire.













We don't mess around when we get wood for the fire






Random shot of the group waiting for it to get dark so we can get the fire roaring.


Here I am talking to Dan wondering why the hell I'm drinking Heineken, I don't even like Heineken

No comments: