Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Todays Great Alaska Adventure

The other day I posted a blog with a quote by Jack Kerouac's character Japhy Ryder (aka Gary Synder) "You can't fall off a mountain" Well today's blog should be titled "You can fall on your ass on the sidewalk" Silly me decided to get some exercise first thing this morning while we had a fresh dusting of snow on the ground. What I didn't know was the little puddles had froze last night and seeing as it was still cold and early they were still frozen. Can you guess where I'm going here, yup I slipped on some ice. I did a reverse 2/12 pike that would have made even Greg Louganis jealous and landed smack on my butt. But it gets better, I gracefully got up and composed myself and walked back to my office with a little twinch in my left leg. As the morning progressed so did the twinch until I finally broke down and headed to the ER. By this time I could not twist or bend my leg and any movement was painful. After a humiliating experience of having to have another man take my pants off and put them back on (thank you mom for telling me to always wear clean undies becaue you never know when you will get in an accident), all they could tell me is I have either sprained, strained or torn my ligament on the fibula bone. So here I sit after my adventuresome day (NOT) with but one picture to show for it.........




No comments: