After hiking up Pillar Mtn we were catching our breath when this Coast Guard C-130 flew by UNDER us. This was a good 5 or so mile hike
This is a view of what Adak AK looks like. Adak is way out on the Aleutian chain about 1500 miles from here. The whole time I was there it was this low lying fog bank over the whole island and I was told that's what it looks like most of the year. They also have a saying there that there is a pretty girl behind every tree, problem is there is not one tree on the island
might have posted this one before, I'm not sure. Someone sent me this picture of me landing on a ship in the Bering Sea. The landing was smooth but the take off a few days later was rough as in the ship was rocking and rolling
This is a view out my hotel window in Unalaska. You have too say Unalaska because if you say Dutch Harbor locals tell you your not out in the middle of the harbor. I have to say I think I would have a great day if this was the scene that I awoke to every day.
Here I am sneaking around a Russian ship, the Kapitan Degtyar out of Vladivostk, I don't really look intimidating
3 comments:
I love that all of your good news centers around the Sox. I have to say though, youare such a liar... you know Sangina was the only reason that you were watching AmIdol this season.
no it wasn't I lost interest when the Jack Osborne looking guy got the boot
Cheeseburger,
I spent time over yonder in ADQ in the mid-80's.
On an H-3 deployment I saw this "forest" at Adak:
http://telephone.bouwman.com/Adak/forest.html
And also a "forest" at Shemya.
http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/84/758/1600/Shemya%20Natl%20forest1.jpg
Found your blog through ADN too.
Enjoy your tour! I did.
Juneau Jon
AEC retired
Post a Comment