Saturday, April 14, 2007

Happy Whale Fest

Today is the kick off of Whale fest Kodiak, I’ll try and get some of the cool pics throughout the week including some of the Sushi and Muctuc (sp) party we are having tonight oh and by the way muctuc if that's how its spelled is whale blubber. No we did not go out in a little skiff armed with harpoons a friend is bringing it and he received it from a Native woman here in Kodiak.







Here is the Mrs. at the kick off event of teaching scrimshaw using porcelain instead of whalebone















This event took place at the Baranov Museum. The building the museum is housed in is the oldest Russian structure remaining in Alaska.








I guess it must be the timing but no one is laughing at my 80's saying that I've been yelling all day "F@$% the Whales Save the Bales"

No comments: