Friday, April 20, 2007

Still Going..........

Well my best laid plan of knocking of early today and starting up Monday didn't work, after a short 12 hour day and back to work at 7am tomorrow adventures are still on hold. The weather still isn't cooperating anyway with about 3" of snow on the ground this morning at work and rain now, AND I missed the game on TV but at least they pulled it out and beat the Evil Empire. My new plan is to go home tomorrow around noon and watch the game happy while someone goes home (temporarily) NOT happy. I figure every Sox game I miss another life sentence is tacked on.

In the meantime (again) here are a few shots of a back east trip with the kids last summer...







Here I am with Niece #1, she is a ham for the camera but a real cutie. She was 5 in this picture with her good looking uncle














This is Niece #2 with the boy (another ham for the camera)














This place makes without a doubt THE best chocolate chip cookies in the world no make that the universe. They only make small batches at a time so every cookie you buy is still hot












The girl posing with her first Red Sox love, then she moved on to Johnny Damon (who now if mention his name she spits since he went over to the dark side)












At my favorite watering hole in Boston ( anywhere for that matter) telling the boy that someday this could all be his when he turns 21 of course











This is the Fisherman's Memorial in Newport. A good friend of mine died in a tragic boating accident and to honor him we raised money to build this memorial in one of his favorite spots. Jay was an avid fisherman and one of the best that I know and I have him to thank for my love of fishing










The likeness for the stone came from a picture of Jay and one of the many Striped Bass he caught. We were fortunate because his accident occurred in rough seas during a storm while he was doing what he loved... fishing, to often people in these situations are never recovered and remain lost at sea. He was recovered and able to be brought back home to his family. I wouldn't want to have been the person that recovered him








This is (was) Shamrock Village, a small business I owned back in the day. It consisted of 8 cabins and a campground behind the cabins

2 comments:

Ishmael said...

Looks like you grabbed the Shamrock Village shot at 55 mph without even slowing down.

Cheeseburger In Paradise said...

more like 60 and my daughter stuck her head out the window for it