Sunday, May 6, 2007

Celebrating the Salmon & Bear

I’m leery to say this but MAYBE spring is here to stay this time. It was another gorgeous day complete with sunshine and not just sun bursts but full on sunshine all day and the temps hovered around the mid 50s. It was also a great day for the “Celebration of the return of the Salmon and bear awakening” 5K walk we did. Onto the photos….







Another clear sign of spring is that the ice on the lakes and ponds are breaking up and as seen here heading down the rivers to sea













Here we are at the start of the race / walk as I plotted my strategy, if I trip those old ladies over there and then steal the bike from that kid I can win this thing














Look at all the people I was ahead of, and yes it looks like the backs of everyone's head but its just a bad picture really their not all ahead of us





This lady thought she was going to speed up and cross the finish line before me and leave me in last place, but I was to conniving to let that happen, I hope she didn't get to hurt when I threw her in the bushes.











With the finish line in sight and in the lead the same thing that happened in my brother's marathon, 200 people sprinted in front of me with 100' to go. At least I beat about 50 or so people and don't feel bad for them its Sunday and they all get a roast turkey dinner tonight at the rest home





Again I interjected my smart assness and I made up most of it (except the old woman in the bushes), we really did have a great time and got a cool T-shirt out of the deal AND there where a lot of people still around the corner in the old woman picture so before you think it NO I wasn't second to last.

No comments: