Saturday, May 19, 2007

A funny thing happened on the way to the adventure

I must have hit the camera and it ended up between settings so when I realized it I had about 20 white pictures like this one


so needless to say not a lot of cool pictures today. As for the hike we ended up hiking 9 miles some on an incline and a lot of rocky areas, all three of us (Japhy included) are laying around moaning. It was a beautiful day and temps were around 60 and sunny so we actually got some sun, the Mrs. wore shorts which blinded me for the first 2 hours until they started turning red, but I'm not one to talk.




The Mrs. throwing a stick for Japhy about half way through, by the end of the hike he was so beat if we had thrown one he would have thrown it back AT us. Those white legs are going on 2 hours of direct sunlight







Our original intentions were to do the Termination Point hike tomorrow (6 miles) at this point we are both laughing when we mention it. I might try for the bed to the couch for the Red Sox game and if I feel strong enough back to bed after the game.






Thats Barometer behind me, today's hike took us between Barometer and Old Women's and then Old Women's and Erskine. This was about mile 7 and yes I sat up straight from my crouched over after just sitting up from being sprawled out flat position













Bears don't like to be surprised so every so often we have Japhy speak to let them know we are around








All in all there were not a lot of good photo opportunities. While the weather was beautiful, the harsh winter and late spring still have everything brown and dead. We only saw one eagle and a dead deer. This winter saw the demise of around 10,000 deer mostly up here in the northern part of the island. Things should start looking up as the Mrs. will attest as she stopped at EVERY bud and plant along the way. She did find a cool Marsh Violet patch / field that she is excited to come back to.