Ironically while the Mrs. is supposed to be the one teaching the Natives and Tribal Council members she is the one doing most of the learning, mostly from the Alutiiq Elders. Take this rock she found today, we have seen lots of these white with green streaks and spots and never thought much about it (well I haven't but she is a rock geek), turns out the green in these rocks is actually jade!!
Halfway up I took this picture that encompasses most of the Coast Guard Base, the red roofed building is where my office is
The Mrs. trudging her way up, the trail was very rocky and uneven and not a lot of fun with a metal ankle.
Once up higher I took this aerial looking view of the base housing down below, Kodiak City is off in the distance at the top right
I don't know if it just me and I amuse easy but I think its cool taking pictures of airplanes flying under you
And then the walk back down, surprisingly much harder on me then uphill climbs again because of the ankle
3 comments:
Did you win the Salmon Run 5K? What was your time?
Did you get the check yet?
seeing as it won't be in the paper and I doubt the AP, Reuters or ESPN will pick it up….. Yes I won the 5K and my time was 15 minutes!!!!! So that means I beat your 18 minute 5K today
I heard your course was short by 4 minutes
Post a Comment