Monday, May 21, 2007

Our 6 mile hike with an extra 3 mile short cut

Today was another day of looking at a computer screen, if this keeps up I'm going to go buy a pocket protector and put some white tape on my thick black glasses. That aside the Boss decided I was worth a few bucks more a month so I got a promotion to as the Mrs. calls me a Chief Incestigator (and that means I investigate it NOT do it), so now I can afford 3 extra Starbucks or 1 Pizza Hut pizza w/out the coupon.

After work and being it was a nice day I had a tough choice, stay inside and watch the Sox or get out and go for a hike (I'm glad I took the hike after the 6-2 loss). So off we went to Termination Point and while this is a 6 mile hike that's if you take the right trail. Needless to say we didn't and added around another 3 miles to make it 9. Unlike the other day which was mostly level with not many hills, this one is FULL of steep incline and declines. Mostly only a couple hundred yards but steep enough that I'm going to have gluteus maximus soreass among other aches tomorrow. No pain no gain and all that crap. Onto the photos








We start out heading up and up and up















When we hit the first beach we took architectural notes for our cabin over on Shearwater Peninsula. this little log "thing" has been here for awhile (years)



















Sunbathing Kodiak style, it was my turn to expose the white legs today.
















just a cool looking rock, we have a lot of rocks here with veins of quartz running through them














from the beach we headed back up the cliff and when we got to the top is where it started getting tricky. There was a good mile or so where the trail was just feet from the edge. Hard to tell here but that's about a 100 foot drop onto rocks if you slip and I was on the trail taking this shot.










Look how close the edge is to the Mrs., that's still about an 80' drop.










At this point we are about a third of the way through. Because I'm beat and it takes forever to load these images I'm going to break this segment into 3 posts.

1 comment:

Ishmael said...

Our mutual friend Fidel did this hike on Saturday. I think he's still suffering from it.