At Henry's last night I took the following photo. In Alaska they only allow 2 forms of legalized gambling, Bingo and pull tabs. I remember back east that they had pull tabs in the VFWs or Elks Clubs but not in bars or clubs, and I also remember a few people would spend a few bucks here and there buying them. Last night and any time we go in to Henry's it looks like this in the corner where the pull tabs are. I assume each one is a $1 and there are a few hundred of these so it gives true meaning to the term "throwing away money"
Sunday, June 3, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Actually there are pull tabs in denominations down to a dime a piece. I think very few of the games available are a buck.
But remember, you can't win if you don't play!
And the money goes to a couple good causes, Kodiak Chamber of Commerce and Kodiak CHHAR, which doles out about $20K a year to local charities.
Though, as a math professor friend of mine once said, it's taxation on those who can't do math.
Wells thats good that most aren't a buck, because most of the people I see playing them sadly don't look like they have a buck.
Post a Comment