While on the south end of the Island we were in the area called Trident Basin where the float planes come in. I was lucky enough to catch this one coming in for a landing
Any closer and I could have asked the pilot for directions
An empty trawler entering St. Herman's Harbor. I thought the name of the vessel was appropriate for an Alaskan Fishing Vessel for our collection.... COHO (Silver Salmon for you easterners)
The Breakwalls at the entrance to St. Herman's, Kodiak is in the background and that is an active landslide area, once in a while when we get heavy rains and winds some of it will come down.
I include this picture because the Mrs. did an awesome job and its cool (and not because I'm in it) but the depth perception with me and Barometer Mtn. Look how close the Mtn appears to be to me.
Its about 4 miles away from us
3 comments:
Slight correction there, my cheechako friend... A "Coho" is not a king, it's a silver. The other name for king is "chinook."
I stand corrected, I must have had a brain fart there or to many Duck farts at the B&B
I just like how it sounds when you easterners say "fart." Fawht.
Heh, heh, heh.
Post a Comment